Thursday, March 10, 2016

My triumphant(ish) return to blogging.



A while back I was thinking a lot about this blog, and blogging in general. In the past 2 years, I have written less than 10 posts, which makes me really sad. I think I've figured out what the reason for that is.

It seems that over the past few years, blogging has turned from something you do for fun into something that you have to run like a business. It feels like it's about taking the best pictures, writing the most click-baity titles, integrating with Pinterest and Facebook, being active on Twitter and Instagram, tracking SEO stats, and dozens of other things that just go over my head. It seems like every other blog these days is solely about blogging, for goodness sakes.

I got overwhelmed by that, and I felt like that was what a blog had to be. I felt like I had to do that, but the thing is, I don't want to do that. I don't want to optimize everything for Google and Pinterest. I wish I cared about that, but I really don't.

I just want this to be about writing. I miss sharing my thoughts here, logging my mail and creative endeavours, and documenting my life.

So I let go of that comparison. My blog isn't going to be the most professional thing that you have ever seen, and maybe my formatting will be a little wonky, and maybe my posts will be too long and rambly, and maybe my pictures will be a little too dark. And that's okay. This is about my life behind the yellow door, and it's good the way it is.

Expect to see more of me around here in the future. You'll know it's me because it won't be polished. But it'll be me.


No comments:

Post a Comment