Monday, February 13, 2012

Movie Monday






Hey kids, I haven't done one of these in a while! Yesterday Chris and I went to the cheap seats to watch a movie with his family. We hadn't been to a movie in ages so that was nice! We saw We Bought a Zoo, starring Matt Damon and Scarlett Johansson.


First of all, the daughter in the movie is the most adorable little girl of all time. She's cuter than Shirley Temple. I think she should be the next Shirley Temple.




Look at that smile! So adorable!

In this film, Matt Damon plays Benjamin Mee, a recently widowed father of two. The family wants to move to a new home, and after driving around all day with the real estate agent, the last place they come to is perfect. The moment Benjamin and his daughter Rosie see the house, they know that they are going to live there. But there's a catch - if they buy this house, they are also buying a zoo! A real zoo, with a lion, some tigers, and a grizzly bear named Buster. Looking for adventure and thinking this is a good one, Benjamin buys the property and takes over the zoo. There is a lot of work to be done to bring it back to what it once was, but together with the dwindled staff of the zoo, the family gets to it to get ready for opening day.





I was a bit surprised by this movie. It was a really good story, and pretty appropriate - except for random moments of swearing! It happened enough times that I was bothered because of the "family movie" title it has. But otherwise it was pretty good. And did I mention the daughter was adorable?


2 comments:

  1. I saw this a few weeks ago, so cute! (though the swearing WAS a bit of a letdown, especially when I took my 9 year old sister to see it... :\ )
    And I agree, I want my future children to look exactly like that little girl.
    I also want to live in a zoo. Not that I didn't want to before seeing it.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see this! It looks like a really good movie!

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete