Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Re-connecting with old friends

I have something cool to report!

A year ago, I wrote this post about a friend I'd drifted away from. I wanted to reconnect our old friendship, but just didn't know how.

Getting married is a great way to do this! I invited Candida and her husband to my wedding, and they came! We even got to chat a little bit at the reception and decided that we needed to reunite our trio (my bridesmaid Estela is the third member, so obviously I still hang out with her :P).

Well, finally, after being married for 4.5 months, we arranged a coffee date for the three of us. And almost a year to the day after writing that post, we had coffee and talked and laughed. It was so great! Yeah, not talking to someone for a few years will stifle the conversation a bit but it was still good to connect after all this time.

So if there is someone from your past that you just drifted away from and really miss, just get ahold of them somehow and set up a coffee date! If it doesn't work out, who does it hurt? And if it does, you'll probably have a really good time.

1 comment:

  1. How amazing! I love that you took the chance and made the connection again :)

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete