Thursday, July 14, 2011

The pitter-patter of little feet...

Meet the newest member of the Barkman household.


This is Storm. 


She is the sweetest kitten ever. A couple weeks ago she just showed up at my parents' place. They live out in the country, so there is really no way of knowing where she came from. For all we know, she was hanging on someone's undercarriage and fell off on the road somewhere. So Chris and I willingly adopted her.

We named her Storm after the character from X-Men. We watched the X-Men trilogy and Wolverine on our honeymoon, and then saw First Class a week or so later. So we have a soft spot for the X-Men (plus we're geeky like that).

Storm has certainly brought some entertainment into our lives. She is very affectionate, and she won't leave us alone! She "hides" and then jump-hugs our legs when we walk down the hall. She doesn't meow - she chirps. Seriously, I was watching a movie where a bird was chirping and I thought it was Storm. 

Today she did the most random thing. I was trying to have a nap, and she was sitting there, staring at my face curiously, and then she just poked me in the eye! Seriously! And she did the same thing to Chris! I have no idea what she was thinking. She is absolutely nuts. But who could help but love her when she does things like this?


3 comments:

  1. SO CUTE!!! I stumbled across your blog through fill the blank over at Lauren's blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, she's so cute! I love the name. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh - SO CUTE! She is adorable!!!

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete